OTD is the meeting place where professionals from the oil and energy business meet and share technical and commercial experience. Its every other year in Stavanger – the opposite year of the huge ONS in the same expo area. (And in Bergen the opposite year.)
The fair was held on wednesday and thursday where the wednesday ended with a great Octoberfest with great food and drinks, entertainment and awards. Renate Mannes from Key Account Sales was on hand and we had a chat with her to hear what her experience of the show was.
Renate – first of all. Are you happy with our presence at OTD?
– Yes, absolutely, I am. Many visitors. We had a nice, spacious stand with a very good location in Hall E surrounded by many interesting companies.
Did you meet the contacts you wanted to meet?
– Got to meet many of them, but not all. I attended the expo at thursday. Was probably a bit quieter than the first day. Some of the explanation lies there I think. In addition, many simply have too busy days that they have not set aside time to visit the expo. But it is often just when it would have been wise to make a visit, and perhaps make new contacts.
Was it anything under OTD that stood out from other exhibitons in the same segment?
– There are many local companies. The expo is not too big either. It is easy to get an overview of all exhibitors.
Is this a expo you would like to attend again?
– Yes it is, both as an exhibitor and visitor.
We saw earlier that your favorite value in Sverdrup Steel is love – can you elaborate on the choice?
– All you need is love! We care about and respect our colleagues, customers and suppliers, and of course family. We are good at taking care of and supporting each other. With this value in the core, we have the foundation for our other good values.
To summarize, we would like to thank you Renate for solid answers, and at the same time we would like to thank OTD for a fine execution of the expo. See you at OTD in Bergen 2020?