Duplex stainless steel is a preferred material choice for applications such as storage tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, bridges, railings, aquaculture, water treatment systems, pipe support, fire- and blastwalls on offshore platforms.
By utilizing the strength of Duplex compared to carbon steel and ordinary stainless steel, means less cost due to weight saving by reducing the thickness in addition to less handling, fabrication, and welding.
Duplex stainless steel is known for improved balanced chemistry of chromium, molybdenum, and nitrogen content, allowing less nickel content and better price stability. These are some of the reasons why Duplex material outperforms the more traditional 304 and 316L steel grades.
Advantages of duplex materials
• High strength
• Good corrosion resistance
• More predictable price level
• Good fatigue strength
• More than 30 % weight saving on most applications
• Low life cycle cost due to no need of regular painting
• 100 % recycable and made from more than 85 % recycled material
• Superior corrosion resistance to comparable austenitic grades (304 and 316L)
• Double strength, make use of physical properties and let it become your advantage
• Price-efficient alternative to austenitic 304 and 316L
• Less sensitive to high raw material costs
Our stock grades of Lean Duplex:
• 1.4482 / SS LD24 – most competitive priced alternative to 304 – Available now
• 1.4162 / LDX 2101 – classic Lean Duplex serve your demand
• 1.4362 / EDX 2304 – a cost-efficient alternative that replaces 316L
Questions about availability? Don’t hesitate to contact our dedicated sales team.